After being denied entry several times by China, a WHO team of experts will now go to China to investigate the origins of this deadly coronavirus. The team of 10 scientists from WHO will arrive on January 14, 2021, in Wuhan, China. The news has been shared by the Foreign Ministry of China at a regular briefing in Beijing. The WHO team will directly fly to China from Singapore. The 10 scientists will investigate the origins of the virus which was first seen in Wuhan in December.
This virus has already taken the lives of 1.96 million people across the globe and 91.5 million cases have been recorded worldwide. First human case of this virus was reported in Wuhan, China.
WHO Chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus has said his organization is looking forward to working with China to probe the source of the virus. He had previously said that he was very disappointed when experts were denied entry earlier this month and turned back.
It is not confirmed by the Foreign Ministry of China whether the team of experts will have to follow the twenty days quarantine rules.