Ghaziabad: A Ghaziabad-based businessman has defeated death at a private hospital after severe respiratory distress for four days, hospital authorities said.
The 36-year-old, who was doing renovation work with attractive paints to beatify his house. landed up on a ventilator at Max Hospital, Vaishali, due to respiratory problem.
Mr Harsh started renovation work at his home but slowly and gradually his health started deteriorating because of the fumes from the paints that were being used in renovation.
“We kept him on high ventilator support for four days. Those days were very crucial for us as the patient was dangling between life and death. Then the patient started responding to the medications, health started getting better and after seven days Mr Harsh walked out of the hospital happily,” said, Dr Rajesh Gupta, Associate Director, Department of Pulmonology, Max Super Speciality Hospital, Vaishali.
He said, “Asthma is a very common inflammatory disease of the airways in the lungs affecting kids, teenagers and youth, leading to substantial morbidity. With the onset of the disease, the airways tend to swell and become highly vulnerable to certain foreign substances that trigger the symptoms like incessant cough and breathlessness.”
“Dr Sharad Joshi, Principal Consultant, Department of Pulmonology at the hospital, said, “Triggers for asthma can be like house dust, pollen, mites, dander, smoke, cigarette fumes, change of season or temperature, exercise or even stress. So, it is very important to be vigilant and identify triggers of individual asthma attacks.”
Dr Joshi stated, “In recent trends, people migrating from tier-II cities are experiencing new-onset breathing troubles due to poor air quality in Delhi NCR area. Considering this poor air-quality complicating management of respiratory patients, we had even advised a few of our patients to move out of NCR, as these patients were on maximum medication for their respiratory diseases.”
He points out, “Unfortunately, in child asthmatic patients, early remodeling of the airway is seen due to poor environment, leading to poor drug reaction.”